Last weekend was a blast! We had our first "friends visit" to our new house. Laura and Roland flew up from Dallas, while Melissa and Andy drove up from OKC. First, they stopped by the station because Brian and I were working. We captured this picture in the studio after I finished anchoring the 10pm.
The food was good and filling. We all loved their B & G... which we learned were biscuits and gravy... and their gravy had sausage in it. Yummy!! Here are the girls... even with Melissa standing on a step lower than me, she's still taller!
Here are the guys... trying to look oh so cool.
For Laura's birthday, we travelled to a town about 35 minutes from where we live for a fantastic Italian restaurant. It's called Luciano's. The owner and chef is from Italy. He married a woman from Kansas and they decided to open their restaurant in her hometown. Not only was the food the best Italian I've ever had, they also allow you to bring your own wine (for a $10/bottle corkage fee), which definitely cuts down on the alcohol tab. Laura and Roland have been to Italy and they say this restaurant is the closest in the States to food over there. We highly recommend Luciano's and I bet it won't be the last time we dine there.
The waiter brought out Laura's dessert with a candle on top... happy birthday!
I'm glad we got to celebrate together.
A group pic after dinner and two big bottles of wine.
After dinner we were going to go bar hopping in Wichita's downtown area called Old Town, but it was raining and since we were so far away from our house, we decided to drink close to home. Here we are at Firkin and Bull. Andy's been to this bar before in Texas, and apparently, ours is more of a restaurant-type atmosphere than a bar, but that didn't stop us from drinking.
Here's a pic of the guys doing a car bomb, not an Irish one, something else but I can't remember the name. Apparently, someone had said go, so Roland started drinking, Brian's thinking about it, and Andy wanted to pose for the pic before imbibing.
A picture post car bomb with the guys doing their thing.
Roland's thinking pose...
I don't really remember what's going on here, but isn't it a great pic?
And, that's the end of the trip. Very sad that it's over, but we had so much fun we're planning another trip, this time a destination vacation: NOLA 2009! Can't wait!!!
I'm glad we got to celebrate together.
Here's a pic of the guys doing a car bomb, not an Irish one, something else but I can't remember the name. Apparently, someone had said go, so Roland started drinking, Brian's thinking about it, and Andy wanted to pose for the pic before imbibing.
No comments:
Post a Comment